December 03, 2015

Our Journey ... to health

  

  I'm a 24 year old single mom, blogging about my life raising former preemie Hannah & Hailey. 
The beginning of our story started with me unknowingly pregnant with twins at 20weeks, spending two months pregnant in Vancouver, Hailey being in the NICU for 93 daysbringing Hailey to see Hannah in the hospital for 414 days, Transferring hospitals, Learning about Tracheostomy care and going home for the first time after 507 days!
       We're in what I hope to be in the middle of our journey. Living life at home. Having around the clock nursing care. Dating with a special needs child. Trying hard to stay germ free. Growing Hannah's little lungs, taking naps off the vent. G-tube feeds. Hailey having her first seizure from her brain injury. trying to avoid hospital stays and constant battles with doctors. 

We don't blog/write as much as we use to because we started to share our journey though vlog/video form! It gives a better look at what our life is really like. Click HERE for our vlogs


  Follow our daily adventures on facebook H&H Journey

Instagram 

Youtube

An introduction video




12 comments:

  1. I love the picture. What a pretty family you three girls make. Praying for you all. Your doing awesome!! I know I don't know you, but I'm proud of you. What you handle at 23 most could never handle.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful girls. I am amazed at how you handle twins, let alone life in the NICU. I at once hated the NICU and felt safe there. And Boo was only there for a week. I am amazed by your journey. Thanks for stopping by so I could learn about you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your girls are beautiful..
    You are amazing! Thanks for sharing your story I look forward to following your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bonnie,

    You have a very nice blog site. Great idea :) How long have you been blogging?

    Best,

    Juanita
    randfwithjuanita@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also have preemie twins.... Born at 28 weeks.... Hayden weighed 2lbs 10oz Harper weighed 2lbs 4oz..... They were in nicu and Icc for 8 1/2 weeks before they came home.... So far we haven't found any long term health problems they came home on Apnea monitors and are still on them only at night but other than that we don't / haven't found any health issues or concerns yet.... I can only imagine how life is for you.... I also have a 4 1/2 year old Daughter too and i know how tough my life can go let alone on my own with two and special needs.... I love following your story and just want too say keep your head up and keep smiling they are beautiful girls.... My Daughters Haylee Hayden and Harper and Me are always thinking about you and your girls.... Need anything or just too chat let me know.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its been awhile since I last stopped by. I'm so glad to see that Hannah is home. I'm praying that she stays on the road to recovery and I have to say that you are one strong Momma and I admire your fortitude. Keeping your fam in my prayers.
    ~Puddin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just stopping by again. Praying for you and your girls :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there! Just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to let you know that your story is very inspiring. I am keeping your family in my prayers.
    -Kate M.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just wanted to stop by and say hello :) and I love the new layout.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi I was wondering if I can help you raise your two girls with you .? I'm a true gentleman in a great guy I'm 28 years old I will be 29 in July and I treat woman with my heart ❤ and soul. My name is j.c. I live in NJ I'm from NJ my email is jcdelgaudio64@gmail.com
    My number Is 732 908 6306 if there is anything you and your two girls need please call me and txt me 732 908 6306
    I'm a single guy. I'm kind kindhearted loving caring supportive loyal sweet honest faithful guy. I'm getting my own place between july1and and July 3rd. Can I be your friend.? Can I be your two girls father/ daddy.? I would be a great boyfriend or husband for you and a great father/ daddy for your two girls. I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sure your good deed in terms of helping children in need will do goof for the fate or your cute girls. Just do not give up and keep the faith and hope!

    ReplyDelete